Day 2 of Game Day Recipe week and I’m debuting these SO GOOD buffalo ranch chicken wings. I don’t think you can have a proper game day spread without something spicy. And wings are a no brainer- simple, yummy, finger food! Of course dipping spicy wings in ranch is always tasty, but I wanted a new way of getting that cool ranch flavor! (lesson here: don’t be afraid to experiment and try new ways!)
Before I really dived in headfirst into cooking and baking, I thought there were certain things that you could only get at a restaurant for it to actually be good. But my hubby encouraged me and would ask for things (wings being one) that made me at least attempt. And believe me, most things are easier than you would think and sometimes turn out better at home! I can’t believe how easy oven baked chicken wings are! Your party guests (and you, more importantly) will love these!
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wings
12 whole chicken wings
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 cup buffalo sauce
1 packet ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Put flour, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt into a gallon zip bag. Seal and shake to mix.
- Place chicken wings in flour mixture and seal and mix and shake the bag until wings are fully coated.
- Place wings on a sheet pan covered in foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes, flipping wings halfway.
- While wings are baking, pour buffalo sauce and 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning into large bowl and whisk until combined.
- When wings are done, turn oven up to 500° put them in buffalo sauce and ranch mixture and stir to fully coat each wing.
- Place wings back on sheet pan and generously sprinkle each wing with the rest of the ranch seasoning packet.
- Cook 8 more minutes in oven.