Is anyone else getting excited for football weekends? If you’re still not there, I have got a recipe that’s sure to fire up your game day motivation! It’s Day 3 here for Game Day Recipes Week and I’m excited about this one!
I have to admit, when I go to a restaurant I am always looking for a turkey club sandwich on the menu. I know, some may consider that boring when there are so many other options on the menu. I love each component and how they come together in one sandwich, and you really can’t go wrong with a traditional club. I created this recipe because an egg roll is a great way to transform the classic turkey club into something game day ready, convenient, and a little more exciting than what I’m always looking for on a menu ;).
The ingredients are diced up miniature and stuffed into a fun egg roll, with a great dipping sauce on the side. The cheese melts in the oven, while the vegetables still have a crunch, and the bacon and turkey are smokey and salty. The mustard mayo sauce has a nice kick to it, while being cool and creamy. It is one fantastic bite of food!
Turkey Club Eggrolls
1 cup tomato, diced
½ cup kosher dill pickle, diced (I used one full pickle to get ½ cup)
1 cup shredded lettuce
5 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
2 cups deli turkey, diced (about 1/3lb)
4 slices cheddar cheese, diced
12 lumpia wrappers (egg roll wrappers), thawed
¼ cup mayo
¼ cup yellow mustard
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp siracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Dice up tomato, pickle, turkey, and cheese.
- In large bowl, mix together tomato, pickle, lettuce, bacon, turkey, and cheese.
- Take an egg roll wrapper and place ¼ cup of turkey mixture in the middle.
- Wet edges of wrapper with water and wrap tightly. Put on lightly greased cookie sheet seam side down.
- Repeat with next 11 wrappers.
- Spray cooking oil on tops of egg rolls.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flip, and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Mix together mayo, mustards, and siracha sauce as dipping sauce.